Saturday, March 15, 2008

Organize for Daily Writing

I love the positive ways to encourage students when discussing their ideas and writing. It was also a great idea to carry around sticky notes for "gems".
Routman continues to remind us to use the optimal learning model. It is helpful to be reminded and walked through this process throughout the book. And so many ideas to glean from in this chapter. One interesting idea was using writing to perform acts of kindness. With so many celebrities in the news concerning their involvement in acts of kindness or charities , this could be a hot topic right now with our students.

4 comments:

janicegreen said...

I'm thinking for next year I could use reminders on my walls to use all of her good ideas to increase my effectiveness.

Mindy Wills said...

I have been using sticky notes when I conference with my students. They love it. I have even been writing sticky notes to myself about ideas I have been trying and sticking them in my plans. Regie says we must embed rereading in our practices. I know that many of us will be rereading and rereading her book even next year!

Vicky Richardson said...

I also love the idea of using writing for acts of kindness. I think I am going to try that before school is over this year.

Mrs. Babcock said...

I have also benefited from her frequent references to the optimal learning model. I think it sometimes gets lost in the rush to prepare for assessments or just getting through the day.